Sunday, February 5, 2012

Our little Picasso



This is a short candid video my wife captured of our daughter, who is now almost exactly 8 and 1/2 years old, when she was 2 years, 9 months old, on a beautiful day in May in 2006.  She is busy painting with watercolors with a little plastic toy painter's easel and set, and is singing "Sing a Song of Sixpence" with much determination... a budding Picasso!  

Children are a true wonder and joy at any age, and especially now at 8 and a half years old, she can share many of my same interests and relate and communicate much more to me than she could at 2 or 3 years old.  For instance, last night she and I watched together with wonder and amazement the outstanding DVD "For All Mankind", which was made in 1989 and chronicles the Apollo missions to the moon which occurred from just before my birth up through my very early childhood.  However, watching the above video when she was almost 3 years old and seeing again her true and sweet innocence as a toddler warms my heart and puts a smile on my face, but also makes me feel a little sad and wistful that our little girl is growing up.    

Sometime a bit later, I'll post a few of her more recent works of art.

Amazon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...