Thursday, December 8, 2011

Plantation Bay Resort (Mactan Island, Cebu, Philippines) part 2

To follow up on a previous post, I found some more photos of Plantation Bay on Mactan Island, Cebu, the Philippines.  Mactan Island is very significant in world history, as it is the site of Magellan's defeat and death at the hands of the datu (tribal chief or sultan) Lapu-Lapu. 

I think these photos just further illustrate what a nice, inviting, clean, and relaxing place Plantation Bay is.  On the previous post,  I didn't show photos of their beach front, which is really nice and allows for ample opportunity to swim and collect sea shells.   I also wish that we had taken more photos of the grounds at night time; quite beautiful with all the lights.

Looking for coral and shells at Plantation Bay Resort beach

Beach-combing at Plantation Bay Resort, Mactan Island 

Plantation Bay saltwater pool with island

View of length of saltwater pool

Plantation Bay saltwater pool

Kayaking on saltwater pool

Saltwater pool



Plantation Bay main lobby, night time.  Gorgeous architecture!


Plantation Bay main lobby at night 




4 comments:

  1. This place actually looks nice than I expected. Never been to Plantation Bay yet. Never known they have a beach front.

    Nice blog. I'm your new follower now. Please visit my blog and follow back if you like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @-DoNaH-

    Hi DoNaH,

    Thanks so much for your comment. Plantation Bay was really nice, and the pictures don't really do it justice. The beach front wasn't huge, but was really nice and well maintained. Very relaxing and well-kept, but down-to-earth and a more traditional Filipino in terms of architecture and landscaping.

    Thanks very much for being my follower; I will also follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I have been to Cebu few times but never get to explore the place since it was always work related trip. Hope I can visit Cebu again. Nice post by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pinay Ramblings! I think you would really enjoy this place, or one of the many other resorts on Mactan, the next time you visit Cebu. Thanks for stopping by and take care!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...